NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M27 - One shot, one happy astronomer.

CKemu

First time ever photographing and observing this nebula, after being EXTREMELY frustrated last night with drift alignment and learning I probably need to spend a small fortune to get some guiding equipment, I decided to ignore the Trifid Nebula and go for this one.

First of all, stupid me set my camera up wrong, so I ended up with only a few shots of this nebula, and thanks to drift and other issues, I only had a single usable exposure.

So this is a single sub at 2 minutes long (ISO 3200) with 5 darks applied, so still incredibly noisy despite DSS's attempts.

Regardless, I got something that I can recognise, and this makes me smile :)

post-22545-13387761273_thumb.jpg

Regardless, I got something that I can recognise, and this makes me smile :)

And that's why this hobby (frustrating and expensive as it is) is a great one to have. The "wow" moment when something appears out of Deep Sky Stacker always gets me.

You've got some nice colour in there...keep plugging away at it, and don't be afraid to take lots of subs.:)

Great start! Its a difficult hobby to start with. I believe its much harder when your starting out than when you've aquired a few more bits of gear later on...

Try M51 next thats a good target to start with ;-)

Archived