NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

.NEF Files and MaxIm DL...

fatwoul

While I'm waiting for my camera to finish its subs of NGC6888, I have a question about MaxIm. I have the trial version, although I guess that will run out soon as I downloaded it long before I actually used it. However, someone at work has a copy so we were looking at it yesterday on their laptop.

We were playing around with the work Nikons, and we couldn't get MaxIm to recognise the .NEF files from either a D300, D3 or D3s.

I checked the camera setup, and MaxIm had been updated to include those cameras (my demo only had D70), but I couldn't persuade the programme to either open .NEFs, or to use them in calibration.

I did manage to get MaxIm to trigger the D3 (which is promising as this is the same camera I have at home), and to save the results as .FITS, but I would like to try and do some stacking of old .NEF files I already have, so I can compare the results with those from DSS.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone

I emailed myself the error that showed in the log:

"An error occurred when trying to calibrate the document. One or more of the calibration images was corrupt."

They're not corrupt, they work fine in Nikon Transfer, thank you very much. :p:)

Archived