NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Synscan updates

Mine is 3.23 and so it would stay that way - it works tho' setup not quite as the manual would indicate. Whatever.

I have noted on other threads some talk of being able to change polar reticle red light intensity downwards. Is this part of the 3.27 release? If so, does it stay set lower when Eqmod is in use rather than the Synscan.

I am loathe to update as these things can have a nasty habit of fouling up.

I think the dimming came in with V3.25....or V3.23? you may already have it? Did you check the utilities menus?? It is dependent on having motherboard firmware above V2.

I would think it would be unaffected by EQMOD

you should be able to scroll down through a list :)

This is what I get from my EQ3-Pro

Hand Controller Firmware Ver 03.27

Motor Controller Firmware Ver 02.04.03

Hand Controller Hardware Ver 03.04

Database Ver 03.27

Unfortunately my bargain HEQ5 has V1 MCF so can't update it :p

Unfortunately, the ability to control the polar reticle is limited to a particular controller card in the mount; I don't know which version, just that I don't have it. If you have the right card, the polar reticle intensity will appear in the Utilities menu. If you are not so fortunate, it does not appear. The hand controller reads the mount controller in order to set the correct tracking rates and, it appears, the reticle intensity if it is available.

Thanks to all. The firmware is 3.27 and not 3.23 as I thought. (I must pay close attention in the future but then I am the oldgit). Reticle intensity found to be 100% and now 4% and just need a little darkness to check it all out. Also found mobo rev. etc etc.

Thanks again.

Best Regards

Archived