NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron/Skywatcher 127 Mak Carrybags

After much hunting around I have found a great combination of carrybags for transporting around my Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT Mak. For the tube, controller hand set, accesories tray and a few eyepieces this works a treat Protection Racket Double Bass Pedal or Bongo Bag --- Pro Percussion I have put a couple of pillowcases inside each other to add a bit of protection for the tube then it fits into this bag a treat. There is also a little zipped pouch on the top of the lid to put bits of accesories.

For the tripod and motordrive I have just bought this off Amazon Drum Hardware Bag (100cm x 20cm x 25cm): Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments The tripod fits into this bag like a glove. There is no padding on it, but I suppose you could put some around the motordrive/electronics if you were worried about them getting knocked or damaged. As I have said before I think Celestron have missed a trick with not doing any carrybags/cases for these scopes as due to the fact that they are so compact people will take them out and about and want to be sure that they are not going to get damaged.

Archived