Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ3-2 dual axis motors - can i use this battery to power them...

Hi folks, can you help.

I have the EQ3-2 with dual axis motors. As you know it's powerd by 4 x 1.5v D cell batteries. I have a little pilot lead acid sealed 6v reacharable battery (the sort of size you would get on a scooter). Its rated at 4.5ah. Could I use this to power the motors? Or will it [removed word] somthing up (i know f.a about electrics:o)

Im guessing it would work being 6v (total of the four D cells) and the motors will only draw as many amps as they need....

Thanks

Stan :)

Stan, I would think so. You'll probably find that the motors will draw around 1.9 amps when slewing, so you should find the 4.5Ah battery last you an average 4 hrs if you don't slew around much

Thanks malc, I shouldn't be doing much slewing at all, once im on target its just to track the same object for a few hours during photography sessions.

cheers

Stan

Archived