More Info on SynScan GOTO Problems

Cannot recall where I read it, probably here, and maybe in a post of yours, I think more then you have had the problem. Seems that 3.27 can lose/forget/muck up some co-ordinates that are entered.

Cannot recall exactly what I read, think that one option as to go back to V3.24 or similar.The other was to keep trying to get the data in and not have the firmware "convert" it to something incorrect.

Not sure what v3.27 fixed or added that was in v3.24.

Polaris HA:- 08:07

Clock:-01:56

you haven't mentioned if you rotated the RA axis so that the bubble in the polar scope so it is pointing to approx 2 O'clock position and then you aligned the polar axis using the alt az adjustment bolts

Malc c and Capricorn

The version I originaly had the problem on was V3.26 that is why I downloaded and installed 3.27 today.

On polar alignment yes I have rotated the RA and put polaris in the bubble but still had the same problem. For the results posted today I ran these after updating to V3.27 i.e. it was purely an electronic test on the table comparing where the target stars were (verified by Stellarium against HNSKY) and where the scope WOULD have slewed to and by checking on SynScan controller where it thought it was.

As can be seen where it thought it was ( My Position on Synscan) corresponds to where the planetarium software says it should be BUT that is not where it was slewing to if that makes sense.

Any Synscan programmers or developers reading this ?

Neil

Archived