SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Help needed please

Hello,

I have a DSLR, (sort of, it does not have a removable lens. It kind of looks like one though) a panasonic lumix DMC-FZ8, and want to take some star trails pictures.

My camera only goes up to 60 secs of exposure so I am thinking of doing 30 sec exposures and adding them together in startrails.exe.

My problem is that if you take a picture above 2 secs, it takes the exact same time after the photo to process it into the memory or whatever it does. So for 30 secs it takes 30 secs after the picture has taken to process it.

Is there any way to sort this out, will it be much of a problem, or does it mean I can’t take very good star trails? :D

Thank you.

Thanks for your relies,

The noise reduction can only be set to low and this does not stop the processing screen after the picture.

Will it still work if I use burst mode with 30 sec exposures and just end up with 30 sec gaps in-between the star trails?

It might not be that noticeable if I edit the gaps in the brighter stars in.

Archived