Photographing Saturn

Hey guys, I was locked on to Saturn lastnight with my skywatcher 130p synscan goto. It looked beautiful i couldnt belive it when i saw it. I could see the rings very clearly. It was only about the size of a 5 pence piece but still. Ive never used a telescope before and it was my first object ive looked at, so i was really proud and excited. I was trying to get a photo of it using a nikon L110. I could get Saturn and the ring in the LCD screen but it was really hard to get a photo. Plus it was cold and my hand were shaking. I even tried using my iphone4 camera but that was completely useless. I really want these photos. I've seen some online and there really good. Could someone giver some advise please??

Thanks, Scott

hi stag-do

from what ive gathered about imaging, a webcam is better for imaging the planets - you record a video and then process it with registax. otherwise i think you need to get a T-ring reducer to attach the cam to the telescope, with no eye piece. not sure how good a picture you would or even could get by using ur cam to look through the EP and taking a shot. would b good if you could post a result tho!

Tom

Archived