NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC4565 - Needle Galaxy

GordonH

Hi

I had a clear night on Wednesday of this week and managed to shoot just over 5 hours of NGC4565 in 10 minute subs before it dipped behind a tree at just after 4am. It was taken with the FSQ106ED at f5 and Starlight Xpress SXVF H9 on a Paramount ME. Auto guiding was via a lodestar and OAG. Exposures are 12x10 minutes each for red and blue and 7x10 minutes for green. Hopefully I will be able to get a bit more data and some luminance on the next clear night. I did an unguided monochrome shot of this 2 years ago with the BRC-250 and Starlight Xpress H36 using 4 minute subs. This can be seen fo comparison on the galaxy page in the image gallery of my website Imaging The Heavens - Home Page

The full size high resolution image of this can be seen at NGC4565 - Needle Galaxy RGB photo - Gordon Haynes photos at pbase.com

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-13387759706_thumb.jpg

Archived