NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Improving Camera Potential

Mamsoth

Hi everyone! I've been happily using my Atik 2-HS (which I am completely in love with :)) for a while now, it's fantastic but with one significant drawback. As it is USB 1.1 it must compress data in order to keep up, even at 5fps. As I'm getting stuck into Saturn at the moment I could really use a way of being able to increase the frame rate without losing image quality.

For my fusion webcam there is a codec called huffyuv which allows more frames to be captured for the highest resolution. I am convinced there must, MUUUUUUUUUUST, be something that can be done to the atik to increase frame rate while avoiding further compression? Or even staying at 5fps but being able to get more information from camera into laptop!

Even if no one has any direct info pertaining to the Atik then absolutely any advice or insight would be very well received!

Thanks guys and Clear skies

Matt

Archived