Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

best efforts with 2x barlow on saturn

bm1980

Sharpcap also has a focusing tool, afair. The problem I seem to have a fair bit though (especially over the last month or so when the seeing has not been great compared with, say, January) is that once you've added a barlow, or a barlow and extension into the visual train, the image won't stay steady long enough and it's hard to tell if you're actually in focus or just a bit either side.

James

Hi James thanks i havnt tried the focusing tool in sharpcap will have to give it a go on my next outing, I see what you mean about your focus it seems a little off, i would suggest trying to focus with the barlow attached. To coin the phrase i think it comes down to the old "rack of the eye" with lots of practice and good seeing/ visibillity all help, keep at it and i am sure you will see improvments.

The image you have captured is much better than my attempt without a barlow (see my album in my profile) so when you nail the focusing you should produce some very good images.

Regards and clear skies

Ben :D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived