NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Photoshop CC advise.

Does anyone use photoshop cc for processing?? i am not sure if it is just me but all the tutorials i find are for older versions and the methods don't seem to work on CC :( i am worried i will never improve my processing.

One example is the following video, where he copies the background and then adds some curves and levels the ordinal background is not affected so able to use a layer mask to bring through the darker colour from the ordinal background and so on. 

When i have tried to do this on CC it doesn't work all levels are effected and i am no able to bring any darker colours out so when i am processing M31 the core gets very blown out :(

Can anyone advise or point me to some good tutorials ???

I just had the same problem trying to teach layer masking to a CC user. The windows didn't behave in the same way as mine in CS3. Watching this thread with interest.

Olly

Hey Olly 

I revisited the video and it was me making the error :( i did a copy of the back ground then added a curves layer, if you listen to the video you just CTRL+M to open the curves panel, when you do it this way then only the back ground copy layer is effected and you then are able to apply the layer mask to bring the darker lower layer through :) :) i am a happy chap now i have worked that out. 

Guess i should listen properly in the first place. 

Craig

Hi,

I use Photoshop CC, I used the tutorials on Budget Astro, I have no idea if these tutorials will be helpful but it is what I used to learn Photoshop basics and layer masking for the core on my M42 and with a bit of trial and error eventually it all clicked into place.

http://www.budgetastro.net/tips-and-tricks.html

HTH :)

Thanks HTH

I will watch these again now :) 

Craig

Archived