SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skywatcher Startravel 102 dimensions

these are the dimensions without dew shield and that is a variable  :smiley:

Thanks for the reply, but are you sure that is right? The ST80 is supposed to have a 400mm focal length, but I have measured the whole tube with the dew shield on and the focuser pushed in as 390mm. Without the dew shield 325mm.

On that basis, I'd imagine the ST102 must be shorter than 500mm with the dew shield removed. I'd like to know exactly how much by as I want to know if it would fit in the bag I have. If anyone has this scope and could tell me the exact measurements I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Measuring my ST102, with the dew shield in place and the focuser fully wound in with the 1.25" eyepiece holder removed from the focuser tube the overall length is about 505mm.  With the dew shield removed it's about 390mm.  The eyepiece holder adds about 23mm and a dust plug would obviously add a little bit more.

James

Measuring my ST102, with the dew shield in place and the focuser fully wound in with the 1.25" eyepiece holder removed from the focuser tube the overall length is about 505mm.  With the dew shield removed it's about 390mm.  The eyepiece holder adds about 23mm and a dust plug would obviously add a little bit more.

James

Thanks James, that's exactly what I wanted to know :). If possible could you also tell me the maximum width?

Archived