Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC5070 Bi Colour

lensman57

Hi,

I managed to get some Oiii data  ( 4 x 1200s ) the other night on this target after coming back home from work in the early hours of the morning. For me it was the usual large halos  around the stars affair with Oiii.  I then realised that I had some Ha data from a few weeks ago taken with a SW ED 80 and a 0.6X FF/FR so I decided to see if I could combine them. After a Star Align in PI I made a Synth Green image using Pixelmath and then combined them using Pixelmath again to make an RGB image. I then imported the  image in PS and using Annie's action I removed the stars with large halos and then pasted Ha in the red channel and again on the combined image. The colouring is a bit weird, a semi HST I guess and it maynot be to everyone's taste but as this is my 2nd NB image I hope it is not judged too harshly.

Regards,

A.G

PS: I also post a copy of the Oiii image for opinions as I am sure the Baader Oiii CCD filter is not supposed to produce so much halo.

post-28808-0-91290900-1406123276_thumb.p

post-28808-0-52468600-1406123308_thumb.j

Archived