Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

sony AS - Good for AP ?

peem

Hi sony have just announced this camera . 12.2mp ff camera  iso 100-102400 pixel size 8.4mm high dynamic range  no anti-aliasing filter . price tba but should be about the same as the 7R . What do you think ? . It also does video at 4K- What ever that means . It looks good tto me . Weight with battery is 489 grms :laugh: :laugh:

Problem is Astro software support.

Pretty much all software supports Canon, with Nikon just finally starting to get some support here and there.

So you have to rely completely on Sony and it´s own software.

And to be honest, just checking out the price of the 7R, you can buy a very nice cooled CCD camera for that. :eek:

I assume it is the A7S that you are refering to ?

The ISO is given as 50 to 4096002, and I guess 8.5mm is 8.5nm for the pixel size. Nothing seems to give pixel size.

Another announcement says 50-409600 for the ISO, and 4096003 seems a bit too high a value.

Cost looks like being around £1200, they say between the A7R and A7.

As you cannot remove the filter on one and Sony seem unable to supply the IR filter characteristics it is difficult to say how useful it would be for the Ha end of the spectrum. Think the previous post says it all if the use is AP, buy a cooled ccd.

Thanks for you comments. However i want a camera that i can use for everyday use as well as AP therefor not a ccd The ISO is said to be 100-102400 which can be extended to 409600

Thanks for you comments. However i want a camera that i can use for everyday use as well as AP therefor not a ccd The ISO is said to be 100-102400 which can be extended to 409600

Don´t get all hung up on the whole ISO thing.

If you want a good alround camera for both Daytime and Astrophotography. Buy a Baader Filter Modified Canon camera. Model depending on your Budget.

Excellent camera for daytime use and excellent camera for Astrophotography with wide Astro software support!

yeah you are probably right. I have a canon 50d and a sony nex 6 . I think i will stick with these and perhaps get the canon modded . I  got some good photos of the northern lights with the sony and a cheap sigma lens . Its easy to get carried away with new gear coming all . Thanks  Ian

Archived