NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Small m45

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup I found it to be wayyy out.   I was wondering why I had star halos everytime.  My wife helped me make an artificial star with a led flashlight and a piece of cardboard.  Found it was so far I could not believe it.  So I think my new pics should be pretty nice if the weather ever permits lol.  Thank you for confirming what I thought was the culprit. 

I am in so deep I gotta keep boots nearby lol. 

I've seen them for around 70 usd, just been waiting for my new scope to arrive in a two weeks or so.  The artificial star was super easy to make just needed quite the distance to make it work properly.  Gotta order some bob's knobs too for both scopes.

• 3 weeks later...

Id have to say for the small amount of data I got I think this is the best picture I have produced thus far.  No darks still....i tried letting the camera do the noise reduction and it wasn't that noticeable so next time ill try em. 

The new scope has proven itself already!  I can't wait to do some guided subs now.  Haven't had enough time to bust out the laptop lately and weather stinks, but its on the up and up.. 

This was with my Celestron Advanced VX mount and 203mm Orion Newt f/4.9

Archived