M31, Luminance

James

Just got back from 10 days camping in Cornwall - I was allowed to take a scope, mount and camera with me (Yay!!) so I managed to use a couple of clear nights for some imaging - tricky considering the endless bright lights of my fellow campers and the odd "What's this then, lets shine a torch in it"... ;)

So, here's M31 which more or less just about kind of fits in my field of view :) I threw away one set of data earlier in the summer with focus issues, this lot is better but isn't perfect but there comes a point...

I'm really hoping to get RGB for this image but as often happens I get distracted... I have the blue so far, last night got fogged out so it may take a while.

Taken through my Borg 77ED with an SX H694 camera, on an HEQ5 Pro. Guided using PHD and an SX Lodestar, captured using Nebulosity, processed in PixInsight, all on a Mac. 25x 2 minute subs.

Enjoy... hopefully :)

post-649-0-88591200-1378392838_thumb.png

Thanks John, I think I should have turned the rotator around just a few more degrees :)

I also pondered longer subs but the campsite where I was had cars coming in, people's tents were lit up like Christmas trees so I figured that lots of shorter subs would give me enough to work with in the long run.

James

Archived