Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Neximage 5 an Icap software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

DannyHarvey

DannyHarvey

Proto Star

• Advanced Members
  • 513 posts
After giving my new Neximage 5 first light lest night (and yes you guessed it, a green colour cast that everyone seems to get!) I spend the day working out how to use the Icap software and eager to test out some ideas (I think I may have fixed that colour cast problem) I wanted to get out tonight but sadly clouds have moved in.

Here is my image from last night, I tried removing the cast in photoshop, not a bad job I think but I think the image lacks colour overall. I think from my noodling today that the Icap software by default is grossly miss set up for astro having the white balance set to auto! cant wait to test this theory out on the planet again!
video0007 20-32-51_pipp2.jpg
Dan

Scopes: C6  & C11 

Mount: CG5
EP: Baader Hyperion 24-8 Zoom with 2.25 zoom Barlow
SLR: Canon EOS 500D

Web Cam: Neximage 5

emadmoussa

emadmoussa

Main Sequence

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 5,106 posts
Very good!

Emad
Scopes: Skywatcher 300P Flextube with capped  Telrad and Moonlite focuser + Revelation 20x80 binoculars
Eyepieces:  Explore Scientific 100-deg EPs & a bunch of plossls I  rarely use.

DannyHarvey

DannyHarvey

Proto Star

• Advanced Members
  • 513 posts
its not bad but i think I can squeeze a bit more detail out of the little widget! Im thinking of barlowing a bit higher and increasing the gain in the software

Scopes: C6  & C11 

Mount: CG5
EP: Baader Hyperion 24-8 Zoom with 2.25 zoom Barlow
SLR: Canon EOS 500D

Web Cam: Neximage 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users