Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I've just seen some spacemen...OK then the ISS :-)

the lemming

Earlier I got the head's up on my climbing forum to see this evening's pass of the International Space Station and got an amazing buzz watching it zoom between Jupiter and the Moon.

I tried to track it with my little dob but only got a bright dot. Ho the youthful nievity.

Any how, looking forward to the two passes tomorrow evening.

http://www.meteorwatch.org/iss-uk-passes-february-2013/

Earlier I got the head's up on my climbing forum to see this evening's pass of the International Space Station and got an amazing buzz watching it zoom between Jupiter and the Moon.

I tried to track it with my little dob but only got a bright dot. Ho the youthful nievity.

Any how, looking forward to the two passes tomorrow evening.

http://www.meteorwat...-february-2013/

Will have to use your link as I registered with the NASA one and nowt has come through for sighting sates/times.

Will have to use your link as I registered with the NASA one and nowt has come through for sighting sates/times.

plenty of apps if you have a smartphone. ISS spotter is one Ive used on my iPhone 3GS, gives a timetable and sets alarms for you.

Not naive. I often track the ISS by hand with one of my 4" class Apo refractors at around 100x magnification and a lot of detail on the station is visible. What magnification did you use? Obviously higher magnification makes it harder to track, but bare minimum is probably at least 50-60x.

Archived