ETX125 on an EQ5 (was shaky, aint no more)

People, I feel proud to present an ETX OTA, de-forked and remounted on an EQ5. The reason? My father-in-law kindly gave me the ETX 125 which he bought in early 2000. It was one of the first models, and the autostar was OLD and the mount was way too shaky to be any good AND the motors didn't work. One set of tube rings later, some cable ties and a cheap foam camping mat thrown into the mix, and hey presto......... new scopage! Got a minor balancing issue to play with, but apart from that, a cheap way of salvaging some decent optics. see attachments

post-24016-133877656034_thumb.jpg

post-24016-133877656042_thumb.jpg

post-24016-133877656054_thumb.jpg

nice... i see you have the synscan upgrade. thats my next job. was it tricky to fix? I'm not brilliant with that sort of stuff, but I'm not a complete muppet either. (my wife would disagree!!!)

Mine came ready fitted, but it's not difficult to mount the motors on the drive shafts.

Archived