Advice on adapting Celestron C5 mount

Hi, I am just starting out with a second hand Celestron C5 spotting scope which I will be using for looking at the night sky. I also got my hands on a skywatcher az goto mount on which to place it. As owners of C5 spotter scopes will know the dovetail bar is situated at the bottom of the scope where as Nexstar and skywatcher scopes meant for their goto mounts have their dovetail bars attached on the side of the scope for linking to goto mount arm. Therefore when I attach my C5 to the skywatcher goto mount my scope is on it's side making getting to the finderscope and avoiding the focusing knob difficult. Does anyone know of a bracket to solve this issue or any other way round it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Stuart

I have a nexstar 5 which is the same ota I'm having difficulty visualising the problem probably a bit dim of me but does not the finder move over to the right eye when you rotate it through 90 degrees? and as to the focusser you soon get used to it. theres always scope rings I suppose if you can't live with the focusser position. but the nexstar is the same ota rotated 90 degrees no extra brackets or moved focusser

Archived