NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NEQ6, eqmod, phd and skytools/starry night

ako

Hello,

im having problems getting the eqmod software to talk to phd and skytools pro at the same time, it will happily do one or the other but not both (which i need for slewing to targets and guiding) ive had a search around but havent found any answers. i have tried starrynight but still it doesnt seem to want to play.

suggestions welcome

cheers

matt

Matt you need to make sure you have the right com port selected so software knows what channel to communicate down, check computers com port assigned to Eqmod in device manager and make sure you select this in your planetarium. I don't use SkyTools Pro/StarryNight so cannot advise as to settings. You are using Ascom so select that in your planetarium and PHD - mount tab. Make sure calibration steps are big enough to move star in PHD depending on your fl but defaults are pretty good.

John.

Archived