Photography

Hi i need some help i have now brought a new scope and hopefully i want to delve a bit into photography because its not the best set up yet i wondered if anybody had tried the compact camera route with the threading and the adaptor to connect to the scope. if you have and got half decent results what camera did you get and are they still available. a couple of pics of results would be good so i can compare and decide what one to get. thanks

Glyn

Here is a link for afocal astrophotography I hope it helps

Eek! That's my website. I should point out that I would expect a modern compact camera to do much better than my old Olympus described there. It had terrible dark noise.

NigelM

Hi Glyn,

Afocal AP can certainly yield some good results. Have a google search for afocal astrophotography and see what comes up.

If you still have questions after that gives us a shout and we'll do our best to help you out :o

Archived