NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Thank you very much !

I would just like to offer my thanks to the following people, for offering such sound and prompt advice with the very frustrating and confusing issue with my mirrors.

Many thanks to :

Ed - NGC 1502

John - Jahmanson

Andy H

Steve - xboxdevil

But especially to Brantuk who nailed it.

You were so right about the primary "popping" off of a clip. I took your advice and opened my scope up to look at my primary ( VERY scary ). On opening up the back it was clear that the left hand side clip had popped off the mirror, luckily without damaging it. You couldn't tell that the clip was off when looking down the focus tube, as it was in front of the morror and looked as it should do.

I got hold of some cotton gloves used for inspecting turbine rota blades, from a friend, so as not to leave any prints.

I gently coaxed the mirror back onto the clip, and made sure it was secure again. A bit of a nightmare Collimating again but..........

.........Hey presto! Perfect horizontal image again.

Cheers guys for your help and advice, I'm so chuffed my scopes not cream crackered ! :(:D:D

Thought I would post this just in case anyone has the same problem again.

Cheers, Martin

All the best Martin.

Archived