Travel (airline carry-on) telescope

I'm hoping that I won't need this information but just in case.....

I have a meade etx-80 which seems great but I'm having some problems with it (discussed elsewhere).

The shop I bought it from have been very helpful and suggested I send it back so that they can look at it and repair/exchange it. Unfortunately they won't have any more in stock for a couple of months which brings me to my question. If they need to replace it, is there a good alternative (in a similar price band) that I could easily take as carryon on a plane or am I better waiting until they get more stock?

Thanks,

Adam

p.s. Please avoid too negative comments about the etx-80 if you have them just in case I/they sort the problem out - I don't then want to be disapointed with my purchase!

If you don't need the computerise control, a Skywatcher ST80 table top will probably have the same level of performance.

As far as GOTO scope is concerned, I don't think there are any scope that will beat a ETX80 in portability.

Archived