Asrtophotography Help

Hi There all

looking for some help with buying the best type of telescope and setup for astrophotography and some observing

Been told to buy Skywatcher Mak Cassegrain 150 with EQ5 Mount

but also been told to buy a Skywatcher 200p Newtonian reflector with EQ5 mount, so am a little stuck now

have a budget of about £600 and would like to use my DSLR ( nikon D3 ) and then maybe onto webcam/CCD in time, and to start with photograph the planets and onto nebula in time

many thanks for your time

mark

Mark, the first thing you should buy is

Books - Making Every Photon Count - Steve Richards.

Don't spend on anything, until you've read it. The key to imaging, and the more I think about it, the more I don't think it matters what type, is the mount. You have to underpin things properly. Otherwise it doesn't matter how good the scope and camera setup is, it won't perform to it's best.

The minimum mount you should be thinking of is the HEQ5, and possibly with the 200, an EQ6. In fact, for starting in ap, the 80ED scopes are probably a better bet, lighter, simpler, much smaller wind profile etc.

Archived