NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Beginners 15x70 binoculars- Celestron Skymaster & Revelations

Hi as in my recent post im after a good pair of binoculars for preferably under £100, the more under the better. The celestron skymaster 15x70 (around £80) have cropped up in many recommendations, however I have also been informed that the 'revelation 15x70's 'available for about £50' have exactly the same optics. Can anyone back this up please? The prices are right from what I've seen but what about the optics?

Hi as in my recent post im after a good pair of binoculars for preferably under £100, the more under the better. The celestron skymaster 15x70 (around £80) have cropped up in many recommendations, however I have also been informed that the 'revelation 15x70's 'available for about £50' have exactly the same optics. Can anyone back this up please? The prices are right from what I've seen but what about the optics?

The optics are excellent. At least single coated and give nice high contrast views.

They are very good. I'm sure the more expensive ones give you a better view but my experience with EPs is that you pay a lot more for a little improvement.

The 15x70s won't disappointed.The Celestron's had a clearance and ware selling at 50 for a few months in 2010, that's when I got mine. It's possible they do have the same optics, the exterior looks the same.

I read somewhere that the optics are the same but of coarse that doesn't necessarily mean that they are. Unfortunately I missed the FLO offer on the Celestrons last year so recently I purchased a pair of the Revelation 15x70s from FLO.

I was very impressed by the performance of these Binoculars and I love that you can just grab them and go. No cool down time. They don't take the place of my scope of coarse but they get used a lot. They are not too bad without a tripod either.

I have a pair of the revelation 15x70 bins. I don't have the Celestrons to compare them with, but for a beginner (like me) the revelation ones are excellent.

FLO told me that they are made in the same factory to the same spec as the celestron version. The exterior varies slightly, but they said the optics were the same. you also get a plastic tripod adaptor with the Celestron set which you don't get with the revelation apparently.

To be honest, I think the revelations are a bargain for £50.

Archived