new focuser

Evening all,

I bought a Skywatcher 120 Evostar(second hand) a couple of weeks ago but have only just got it out to observe tonight. The focuser is extremely course and I am having trouble getting anything into proper focus although a couple of times I've been lucky with Jupiter. The focuser actually moves off target when being focused it has to be turned so firmly.

I am thinking of a new focuser but don't quite know where to start. What type is best bearing in mind that the scope was only £170? How easy would it be to fit and what type would fit my scope? I am thinking of a dual focuser of some kind.

Also the smallest eyepiece I can seem to get any image with is 10mm. Should I be able to go smaller than that?

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

;)

Think I should have tried it all out in the daylight first. I found a tiny screw that seems to lock the fouser. When I undid it it seemed to turn easier. Feel a bit of a fool now. Unfortunately clouds stopped me trying it out. Still it may save me some money for other things.

Thanks

Paul

Archived