NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can someone verify this set up....?

....I would be very grateful.

I have just received my Atik Titan which I plan to use as a guide camera, although first I need to cobble together a connector as I plan to use my Finder Scope as a guider scope.

I have been playing about with the camera tonight, just to check it all works etc, and would like to use PHD to guide through so here is my setup

I run a Macbook Pro and the only way I can get PHD to pick up the Titan is to run PHD via parallels. However the camera is only selectable when the Ascom driver is downloaded and installed - is this correct? (Whenever I try and select an Atik Gen3 or Atik 16 Series camera I keep getting an error saying artemis.dll cannot be found - Im guessing, strictly speaking this isnt the right type of camera to select.)

So the set up will be Guiding with PHD via the ST4 cable running the camera using the ASCOM V5 connection on PHD through Parallels. What I am wondering is whether this will still allow me to control my scope through my Mac and stellarium.

Hope the above makes sense and I would be grateful if anyone could confirm this.

Thanks in advance.

Archived