newbie help neded ! thanks

Just a quick note to introduce myself and say hello.

My name is Terry, known as TJ, i am 46 and have had a intrest in this for many years, prob around 35 years ! its only now i have found the time to get involved and enjoy the better things in life LOL !

I will be needing some advice from you soon as i need to get myself a scope, up to now i have been using my Nikon D90 with 600mm 6.3 lens with 2x converter, it has produced some good pics but feel i want to move on, i have around £150 to spend at first to see how i get on, then if i do i will move on and upwards !

I am looking a Reflector scope, not sure what to go for, :::

6"newtonian150/1400 XXL version, TS Optics

or

SkyWatcher Telescope SKP130/65EQ2

or

SkyWatcher 130/650 EQ2, parabolic

or

CELESTRON ASTOMASTER 114EQ

or is there something else i should be looking for ??

I want to be able to hook up my D90 to it to take some pics so advice needed there also.

Any help most appreciated

Thanks in advance

welcome to sgl tj Normally I would say get the largest apparture you can afford. But I have seen the ebay ones and its not the best scope for the price this is the best scope you can get sub £150 Reflectors - Skywatcher Explorer 130 but if you can stretch to a little over £150 get the one with the p Reflectors - Skywatcher Explorer 130P either scope will be a good starter scope the p has better optics. can I say you may be able to get shots of the moon with your d90 but deep space is not possible with your budget the mount alone needed to do that costs hundreds. as I said welcome

Archived