Revelation Photo-Visual Eyepiece kit and Skymax 127

Just got the Skymax 127 and went and plunked 100 more quid on the Revelation Photo-Visual Eyepiece kit. Saw great reviews of it on other posts.

Anyone out there got any feedback on it and the Skymax 127? Also, Any post you can point me to that list suggested eyepieces for specific objects? Going through the primers but there's so much info and I'm one of those ridiculous people who has to read everything. The worst museum companion ever!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I bought my eyepiece set today and tried it out tonight on Jupiter, the moon and M42 (orion nebula)

The first thing I think is good about the kit is having an organised place to put all your bits and pieces. This meant I could quickly swap between eyepieces and wasnt spending ages looking for caps etc.

I tried Jupiter with the 20 mm and had a really good clear view, which showed some banding and 4 moons. I next tried the 9mm. The view was pretty good. The problem was that it was pretty rubbish conditions with a strange mist and odd cloud. Also I find the focuser too sensitive at high mags on the 127 so im going to adapt it slightly by attaching something to increase its diameter.

I then went round to m42 with the 32mm and thought the view was great. I used averted vision to really get some detail out, and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately the clouds really came in and only the moon was observable.

So to the moon i went. First with the 32 (amazing really crisp views) and then I with all the eyepieces up to the 9mm. I really enjoyed looking at specific crater detail with the 9mm. Some craters look like footprints left behind by a giant!! (or is it just me?)

Im really pleased with the skymax 127 and revelation eyepiece kit and cant wait for some clearer skies.

What mount is yours on btw?

Ive got the autotrack and really like it. Im thinking about what other OTAs i could put on it.

Archived