Short exposure or long exposure??

garethmob

Hey guys. I'm just wondering most likely covered a fair bit but what's better when imaging with a dslr

Longer exposure frames (30 secs) at 20 frames. Or shorter exposure (say 10 seconds) at 40 frames? Do you get the same detail? Or anything. What's the consensus.

well last night i did a number of different exposures

i did a star field (its in the widefield section) 10 pictures 30 seconds with 30 sec interval between at 800iso

i then did a 30 second 20 picture of jupitor but it just didnt really come out right dss couldnt really put the stars properly together :) it tried its best but 20 mins of movement with out a tracking mount (waiting for my 1/4 dovetail for my eq2) i was using a tripod it seemd to not do it tha well :)

atm just star fields maybe attemptin to pick out the few more obvious DOSs' like m42 or orion ect but i just wondered what the best was

Archived