NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

heads up for aldi bargain

Just got a cracking bargain from Aldi today.. its a meade outdoor kit which includes:

padded case with seprate compartments and mesh pockets.

12 x 32 aluminium tubed binoculars, coated lenses ( they work well)

aluminium torch ( like a mini mag lite

oil filled compass with targeting wire etc ( very handy for lining things up)

large multi tool, ( plenty of screw drivers and pliers on this one)

The whole lot was only £9.99, very handy for wildlife watchers and taking out on hikes etc, also has its uses by the telescope and that case fits a few lenses and filters nicely :)

very simular to this one but better quality in my oppinion.http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/167.html

I bought two for my kids - I was really surprised by the quality, it's really nice kit for a tenner. The binos are not cheap rubbish, and the compas was all metal, felt good and solid. Should last for years!

I'm kicking myself for not seeing the Lidl Bresser binos quickly enough - actually I saw a pair in one store, opened (actually the box had split open) and no accessories - I was amazed at the quality of the opticts so asked a member of staff if they'd knock a bit off (what a cheapskate!). Well it toally backfired on me - he said he couldn't sell them like that and took them off me!! They probably went in the bin, I can't beleive it - I would have paid the tenner for them as they were, well I should have just taken them to the till and been thankfull :) Doh..

There's another pair of Binos in Aldi for £13 - so I bought a pair on the off chance the might be good - but they are utter UTTER junk! They are the 10-30x 60 zoom Travellers - it's like looking through a key hole the FOV is so narrow - terrible! At least I can return them for a refund...

Archived