SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skyliner 300 or 350 FlexTube Synscan

How about the manual movement of a goto compared with a one with no servo motors. Is there a clutch, so the OTA i free?
Manual movement is stiff but doable and once you get close you can use the handset buttons.....

One question about those telescopes, has to do with Priastro's question above. Most of the time I'm using my telescope for star hopping. I mean, I don't use the handset buttons. When I align it, I forget it and I start and finish the procedure pushing the OTA to each aim.

I am thinking, if the manual movement is too stiff perhaps will be a problem, especially if I am near the object and need small movements by hand ( I hope I am understandable what I mean).

How easy are 300 & 350 Syscan telescopes for star hopping?

I would say not ideal, remember the tracking gears are on and the servos remember where you are so that if you move by hand you can continue to track or use goto without another setup.

small adjustments are easy with the handset once you get into the habit of using it.

• 11 years later...

You guys are Magic, the Internet is magic. You wakeup at night with a deep fundamental question and there is this person somewhere in the world who also hesitate between a 300 and a 350 from the same brand, who owns a Volvo V70 just like you and manage to get an answer to everything and beyond! Thanks for all.

One more question for 350 users now and highly subjective but... How fun and reliable is the 350p FlexTube to you? Can you share a bit of the magic with us?

Cheers

• Like 1