127xlt to stellarium help

i have now lost the plot, i have tried to connect my celestron to my pc running stellarium, to no avail, i have downloaded all additional drivers, but it still comes up no scope??? i have tried via usb adapter and direct to my db9 socket on pc. i bought the lead off ebay it the 5m version. any ideas, my thoughts possible lead wrong, possible connection to scope via aux or via handset.

so where do i start ????????

regards graham:iamwithstupid:

Hi Graham,

I had a hell of a job getting my Mak 127 to work through Stellarium but the good people on SGL guided me through.

After installing Stellariumscope and following the instructions given here I still could not get it going.

I did a step-by-step reinstall and discovered that after all my trial and error it was a simple case of not telling the software the correct COM port. I am not saying that this will be your problem, but you may find that it is something very simple that is causing your headache.

There are some good tutorials here that should help so stick with it... I see no reason why the scope shouldn't connect. The latest versions of Stellarium are supposed to support driven mounts without any further software, but I have never been able to get it to work without Stellariumscope and the Nextar 5i driver.

It is possible that the cable from flea-bay is some piece of 3rd party tat, so it could be worth giving FLO a call and see what they recommend.

Good luck.

Regards Tony

Archived