TAL 2 or Not??

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help me identify what scope I have. I was under the impression that I purchased a TAL 2 about 3 weeks ago, now I`m not so sure. The length of the tube is 750mm and it is stamped TA then what looks like an inverted letter n, though I`m thinking this is a Russian L, followed by -2, then underneath N2962 1999. That seems to say it`s a TAL 2 but the specs indicate a TAL 150. Can anyone shed any light on this? Did they make a shorter focal length TAL 2? I`d just really like to know what I`ve got and what sort of price do these go for? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dave.:):confused:;)

Hi Dave.

A Tal-2 (6"F8)should have a tube length of approx 1200mm.

ТАЛ-2 is how it looks in Russian. The numbers are the model number and year of build. I take it these are on the mirror cell on the end of the scope?

Does your scope have the original Tal eq mount, as this is another good way to identify it. The 2M mount is massive and was only sold with that scope.

If the tube is 750mm long then it sounds like it's a Tal 150P(6"F5). Strange.

Any pics? That would help.

Cheers,

Andy

ps: perhaps join the Tal Users Group(link in my sig line)? Lots of hints n tips n links to lots of info on Tal stuff.

Archived