Starting Astronomy need help!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your enthusiasm comes over well but just a word of caution - astro photography whist very rewarding is also highly technical and can get incredibly expensive. That said - you can achieve some quite amazing results with the right webcam and some free processing software. However you'd be limited to solar system objects mostly.

Having been a student on a budget way back when - I'd recommend sticking with observing and learning the sky for a while - try webcam AP by all means if you come into a bit of extra cash - but imaging is adictive and probably best left till you have the income to support it.

Also read up on the 150P and learn the basics of what the specs mean - it's really very interesting and stimulating and will get you well on the way in astronomy :)

thats a great idea Brantuk. i wont be purchasing anything for at least another month! i intend on learning the basics of astronomy before anything. perhaps learning the stars would be a good idea, just so when i do eventually get a telescope i can enjoy it even more! thanks Brantuk!

Archived