NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I guess I need a push

Afternoon all, i'm on the verge and have been for a while of buying my first scope. Having read all the advice on here I think i'll go for the 10" Skywatcher Skyliner 250PX Dob.

I've used a scope before that currently lives at my house but I want my own mainly for Planets and DSOs. While i was interested in AP I think i'll put that on hold while i learn my way around.

The size of the scope is not an issue as it will be used around the house and thankfully i have no neighbours or too much light pollution.

Why the post you are no doubt saying? well my question is that if you were new and picking up this scope, what else would you buy at the same time? I guess I'll just need a Cheshire Collimating eyepiece..

Should i hit the buy button? (I think i already know the answer to that question)

thanks,

Malx

A Cheshire is a good thing to include for getting the most out of your scope. Probably the next thing to consider is a replacement for the 10mm eyepiece that comes with most Skywatchers. The 25mm eyepiece is okay, but the 10 is a little weak. If you can find even £30 for a replacement at around the same focal length you'll probably find it an improvement.

Thanks, yeah i heard the 10mm was not the best. I'll have a play and order some new ones next week maybe.

Well i pushed the buy button so hopefully it'll arrive shortly :o

We'll all have cloud to look forward to now....

Archived