1000d MOD

Hi,

Just done the MOD, quick question. Do I need to screw it all back together o rncan I just drop the battery back in and test it..I don't want to bolt it down only to find I have not seated one of the connectors.

Acme

You can do just watch out for a little pressure switch that pushes closed when the memory card cover is closed, it won't start up without that pushed down

I did the same, it would be really annoying to have to take it to bits again

Cheers Euan,

No power, I have checked all the connectors..They all seem seated as far as they need be..Any Idea what is the main one for power or are they all linked to firing it up??

Acme

I've had a read through the mod again but can't see anything obvious

Have a look for anything else, is there another switch somewhere? it's been ages since I done mine, I can't quite remember. I take it the battery is pushed right in and the pressure switch on the memory card cover is down?

You should check this thread, the same thing happened to someone else and it was re-seating the ribbon cables that done it

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-tips-tricks-techniques/113110-astromod-1000d-help.html

I remember it being really fiddly and sometimes when you think they are seated they are not quite in right and just need to be re-done to make sure they are in

A couple of those ribbon cables are really short, and though they seem to be home, they aren't. I know there is one in particular that Gary Honis suggested marking it's fully home position with a biro.

Marking the cable with the end of its keeper, to make sure it was fully seated when rebuilding. I didn't, and I wish I had, because it was the only one I had trouble with.

Ron.

Euuan,

I had a read of that before I stated, I have gone through all the connections again..Nothing, tried a new battery but it's still the same, I thought it all went a bit to nice and easy. I followed the indtructions to the letter. I even have a USB microscope trained on it..Oh well try again tomorrow..

Acme

Aghhhh!!!

It looks like cable F is the issue, the hinge connector is not bitting on the cable enough to hold it firm, can the black hinged part be replaced, they look like they could just snap on and off...Any ideas?

Picture of the loose hinge included.

Acme

post-16439-133877480552_thumb.jpg

Hahahh..Panic over..Power and auto focus working. Canon Utils and all settings looking good.

Thanks guy's..Still would like to know if those hinges can be swapped out..Just the black plastic bit..I might have a hairline crack in one of them..

Acme

The one I had a problem with was J, which is underneath H.

However, they all need careful insersion, and if you are having a problem, it's 99.99% a badly fitting ribbon cable.

Ron.

Archived