Trying to identify a "star " I saw this morning.

Hi,

As a compelete noob, please excuse my ignorance :o

While in bed this morning I noticed a fairly bright star that I havent noticed before. As I live in London I dont often notice much in the way of stars but we had a very clear sky this morning. I saw the star in the south western sky at around 05:30. By 06:00 it had moved in a westerly direction and I could no longer see it as another house obscured it.

I have had a brief search around on google and I wonder if this could have been Jupiter?

I thought you folks would most likely be able to give me more accurate information!

Thanks.

Hi,

As a compelete noob, please excuse my ignorance :o

While in bed this morning I noticed a fairly bright star that I havent noticed before. As I live in London I dont often notice much in the way of stars but we had a very clear sky this morning. I saw the star in the south western sky at around 05:30. By 06:00 it had moved in a westerly direction and I could no longer see it as another house obscured it.

I have had a brief search around on google and I wonder if this could have been Jupiter?

I thought you folks would most likely be able to give me more accurate information!

Thanks.

If you have some binoculars and you see it very early tomorrow, you might have a chance of seeing its moons if the sun isn't too high. I was watching it last night as it rose. Very impressive.

Archived