Screen callibration spyders?

ollypenrice

I borrowed one for my Mac, and it appeared to work very well - although it had the unexpected result of giving me a quite different calibration to typical 'off the shelf' monitor setups which meant that there were often drastic differences between what I saw (correctly calibrated!) and what other people saw

As Peter says, I tried 2 different ones and the results were awful (done in a dark room BTW).

It sounds like it was the fact I was trying to calibrate a laptop from what was said in the previous thread.

Your images look perfectly well colour balanced to me Olly.....if it aint broke, dont fix it!

Cheers

Rob

Cheers Harry and Rob. I have been roughly following your route, Rob, and basing my best guess on a compromise between what I see on two screens. However, M33 was a real pain because it was incredibly different on the laptop. It was way too blue with none of the nice subtle reds I'd worked so hard to get right on the desk machine. It was also way too bright. It is the first time that the screens have had such disastrously different results. My fear with the Spyder is that I might have an experience like yours so maybe I'll just try working on my desk monitor's settings for the moment.

Olly

Archived