Telescope accessories

Yesterday (16/08/10) I finally purchased my first scope, a SW ST 102 on an EQ1 mount... hurray! :hello2:

I also decided to buy Meade moon filter, a Tal 2x Barlow lens, and a 7.5mm and 10mm SW super plossl ep go with it; after reading several reviews I found that the supplied eps/barlow are not that good. Next month I will probably buy a few more ep's, maybe a 18mm, 25mm, 30mm or/and 40mm. Which are best for viewing DSO's? :)

I am also wondering if it is worth me upgrading the star diagonal as well or should I keep the one the scope ships with for now; can this affect the quality of the image or should it be sufficient enough?? :)

Does anyone have any comments on the EQ1 mount, I understand it will not be the best mount in the world, but will it be ok for a beginner or will it be too wobbly/unstable?

I'm really looking forward to receiving my scope, I will write a review once I get it and the clouds clear. I can also compare the different ep's and the barlow to see if they make any noticeable differences to my viewing pleasure. :hello2:

milkyjoe.

Archived