NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSS to Registar glitch. Ideas?

ollypenrice

A curious thing; using DSS to stack 30x10min Ha frames was handy and gave a perfect result. I usually use AstroArt but that can't rotate so on a 6 hour run I make sub stacks to kill field rotation.

I processed and saved the DSS stack in Ps then exported it with an RGB image to Registar, which could not then co-register the images.

Damn. Said it couldn't map the stars.

So I made the full Ha stack my usual way in AA and combined the files 6 at a time in Registar. I then processed this6 hour stack and saved it again in Ps and this time Registar had no trouble co-registering the Ha to the RGB. So given that the files from DSS and those from AstroArt both went through Ps, what can be different about the DSS stack as far as Registar is concerned??

Olly

PS this is for the outer halo of M27. If I'd known how faint it was going to be I might never have started!

Thanks Peter. Yes, Registar opens the files and reads them for the star pattern but then says it can't create a map. The files are all re-created in Ps after being made in in DSS originally so that's what seems weird to me.

Olly

Archived