NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First light Australia

johnh

SPX350, EQ6, Mintron12V6, 2xPowermate working at F9.1, Astrodon RGB and Astronomik UHC filter.

All my astro stuff arrived here in Cleveland-Brisbane after 14weeks all safe and sound and now setup.

Very sensitive Mintron will give data in a short space of time for small bright objects, the Bug nebula never rises for me when I was in the UK and detail in the Pillars was very pleasing, the Triffid central dust also came out well. Only took an hour for each image as they rose overhead and into the West. Kept hearing strange mouth noises that night and it was the fruit bats and it sounded quite un-nerving.

Thanks, JohnH.

post-15219-133877464424_thumb.jpg

post-15219-13387746443_thumb.jpg

post-15219-133877464435_thumb.jpg

G'Night mate! Those are very exciting results. The multiple star detail in the heart of the Trifid would make a stunning contribution to a CCD or DSLR image of the same. Even Gendler only hints at two stars in his big RC image. You resolve the pair into doubles themselves! Remarkable.

Olly

Thanks guys, the lower of the two bright stars in the triffid is a double itself which short exposure Ha would bring out I'm sure. Having these horizon objects overhead is unbelievable, I can see Vega and Deneb upside down in the North and to think they where once overhead for me. At the moment the only thing I miss about Britain (apart from Eccles cakes) is the sky but Summer is not that good in the UK although here in Oz we have the Winter JetStream most of the time - still warm though similar to summer in UK.

John.

Nice set of images, i like the fact we are getting more and more southern imagers..i get get a look at some of the best sights with no effort.

Any ideas what the best galaxy is you have that we cant see?

Well Neil the North wins on Galaxies but NGC253 the silver coin galaxy/Centaurus A 5128/Sombrero/NGC1300+1365 barred/6822 dwarf in Sag are on my list and I think Centaurus A has to win in the S Hemis.

JohnH.

Archived