NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC1318 in Ha (part 1)

GordonH

Hi All

I have just started another 3 part project, this time it is the nebula complex surrounding the star Sadr. While I was waiting for NGC7000 to clear a neighbours tree a couple of weeks ago I managed to get an hour of this and a couple of nights ago I managed to get another 4 hours of Ha data (luckily this subject has already cleared the tree). This area is awash with hydrogen clouds and there is a lot of intricate detail. As with my previous images I will be adding the OIII and SII data as time and weather allow.

This is a total of 15x20 minutes with a 5nm Ha filter using the Starlight Xpress H36, an FSQ106ED at f5 on a Paramount ME with auto guiding done via an OAG and Lodestar with dithering. Please check out the full res version on Gordon Haynes's Photo Galleries at pbase.com, just click the thumbnail picture and then click on the "IC1318 - Sadr Nebula in Ha" thumbnail at the bottom of the page

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877456307_thumb.jpg

Archived