Just not sure

The plot thickin's

I've been offered a (not more then 5 year old) Meade LX90 10" with gps as new, not seen it yet but belive all to be ok.;)

Against an Explorer-250px with a Eq6 mount with built in axis drives (new with 12 months warranty.):( The Sky /w both in budget not much differance in price,:D if they were in front of you with a clear night and you were looking for say m101 which one would you pick up? I have a canon eos 5d mr 2 full frame which i would like keep my options open on.

I like the EQ6 mount, but the meads gps and scope looks the dogs wots its, but 10" might be to heavy for its mount.:D Or could just keep looking at your excellent photos!

Eon

Does the LX90 have a wedge so the Alt-Az fork becomes an EQ? (it is on the original Meade fork?)

If so, I'd probably go for the LX90 as it will be easier to store and transport, and at f/8 it will be far more forgiving of less expensive eyepieces.

Cheers for the input and as far as i can tell no wedge. The eq6 seems a pretty safe bet as a long term mount dont know the weight though.

Eon

One big advantage of the EQ6 is that you can upgrade your scope without changing the Mount. e.g. you may later like to have a refractor in which case you only need to get the OTA. If you change the fork mounted scope you change everything.

The EQ6 weighs 16kg which is heavy but I can manage it OK (and I'm approaching 70)

Dave

Hello,

Yes i agree and I've ordered one about two weeks wait, I'll live, may be asking some more questions if you dont mind about stacking?

and like the astrosnaps site, very nice. what your veiws on your vixen?

Thanks Ian

Archived