Newbie needs help with SW130p AZ goto alignment

Hello

Have a new skywatcher 130p with AZ Goto mount.

My problem is alignment. I have updated the firmware to 3.07 read the manual (aah) several times and followed all the instructions on this excellent site but....

when I try to align, putting all the right details in, select region the handset says searching...and then nothing else happens.

Please tell me its something stupid that I am doing wrong?

Many thanks

Steve

Hi Steve, Hopefully I can Help you :) Firstly are you entering the date correctly as MM/DD/YYYY, its a mistake I made when I first got the AZ goto. Time settings need to be +0.00 and DST to yes and just in-case check the utility menu/show position and make sure that the ALT axis displayed on the handset is the same as the angle setting on the mount. The Alt axis can be moved manually if needs be to match the controller values, I believe it slips to prevent damage if the OTA and tripod make contact. There`s also a program called Stellarium Stellarium which will help a long way towards learning the sky and identifying alignment stars.

Brett

Thanks guys. Had check the date, time etc too numerous times to remember.

Eventually sorted it. For some reason the search had locked its self. I found, after much button pushing, that the factory default reset everything back to square one. The next time I asked it to align, the Lat/Long was empty, well full of ???. From then one it has behaved as it says in the manual.

Your help much appreciated

Steve

Archived