NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

At last managed to work out flats with QHY9

Catanonia

Such a pain with the mechanical shutter.

Unlike a DSLR, set to A mode and go with a laptop notepad white screen at a fraction of a second, with the QHY9 you must give at least 2 seconds otherwise you get shutter interaction with the flat.

So the light must be very dim.

In the end, 2 layers of white teashirt with elaccy band over the scope and pointing for sky flats and get a reading of about 60% of the well depth :D

So hopefully later I will try with the laptop notepad and the teashirt and try to get constant ones instead of falling levels with the sun setting.

Oh such a learning curve and believe it or not, none of this is on the net when I looked.

Cat

I'm not looking forward to this problem when I get a 8300 based camera

See here for tips :D : QHY9 Flats

Yeah read that and all of then on QHY forum about flats and managed to at least work out the shutter issue of 2 seconds or more and from that logic told me you needed a dim light.

What I didn't realise was BLACK = over exposed and that took many hours of head scratching I tell ya.

Well at least getting some flats, not good, but on the way now.

Archived