NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Kendrick dew tapes & controller

I have a Skywatcher 127 Skymax, which is very prone to dewing problems. I came across the Kendrick Firefly dew control tapes, with the Micro Firelite micro controller. Does anybody have any experience of these products?:D

They will definately help, but a cheaper solution is a dew shield eg. a bit of rolled up camping mat or similar, made into a tube to go on the end of the Mak. This will significantly reduce dewing. But eventually it will form. The dew straps will keep it off permanently, but need to be set to the correct temperature to just hold it off.

I use a dew shield (a long one!) but it's only a partial solution. I was really asking whether anyone has experience of the Kendrick dew tapes and Micro controller.

Hallo David o, I mistakenly thought that Talitha made the remarks about permanent condition. I haven't yet got used to the patterns of "conversations" and remarks.

Archived