NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron C8-SGT XLT GOTO

Well, the day has finally come; my first proper telescope has arrived!

I've no idea if Celestron's current deal is having an effect on availability but trying to get hold of a C8-SGT was a bit of a mission! It seems most places are now out and are awaiting stock due July. Being the impatient sort I kept trying until I found that Opticstar had some stock. I duly ordered one on Tuesday, and was overjoyed to receive two hefty boxes this morning shortly after 11am today! ;)

Took about an hour to put together but it looks an amazing bit of kit; very imposing! Everything feels solid and rock steady, my only minor niggle being that the orange rail on the bottom of the OTA is a susceptible to scratches when mounting up although if you wind the mounting screws all the way back it can just be placed straight on without too much scraping, The smaller, secondary mounting screw does tend to bite into the rail but I guess that's its job. I decided to add a couple of small silver stickers to the rail so I know where to drop it in.

Now I just have to wait for the clouds to part... :)

Archived